1325 McLaughlin Ave San Jose, CA 95122
Plaza Real Estate
We are hiring ...
Salesperson Examination Requirements
An applicant for the real estate salesperson examination must show proof of three courses prior to the state exam.
Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and one other course from a designated list will be required.
Minimum Requirements to Apply for the Salesperson Examination
Age: To apply for a license, you must be 18 years of age or older.
Residence: Residency in the state is not a requirement to become licensed.
Experience: None required.
License Fees: $60 state exam test fee; License fee is $245.
Time To Complete
1. Finish three courses: 7 ½ weeks minimum (2 ½ weeks per course per DRE regulations)
2. Submit exam application and wait for a state exam test date: 3-4 weeks (this can vary)
3. Submit license application and wait for issuance of license: 2 weeks
Total: Approximately 12 weeks (This is only an estimate and represents the fastest possible time frame.)
Comprehensive Pre-License Package
Plaza Real Estate has partnered with the Chamberlin Real Estate School* to offer this convenient and
effective "home-study" program that includes all three required courses and state exam practice questions.
This Pre-License Package Includes:
• All Three Qualifying Courses (Principles, Practice, and one more course)
• Written practice questions with explained answers
• On-line interactive database of practice questions
• Live 2-day Weekend Crash Course
ONLY $350 + $11 Shipping
How Do I Register?
Register Online (Visa or MasterCard) or for more information call 408-294-7000.
Or if you simply want to: Renew Existing California Real Estate License, CLICK HERE TO REGISTER